BODY BRUSHING – Why it’s so powerful
Product Description: Body Brushing is invaluable in helping with so many issues, but mostly to naturally detox the body. The practice of brushing the skin is an age-old tradition used in Ayurvedic practice. It promotes lymphatic cleansing and is a powerful way to support the removal of cellular waste products from the body. Body brushing sweeps away dead skin cells to soften, smooth & improve skin luminosity & tone, while increasing microcirculation that brings essential nutrients to our skin’s cells. Regular use improves skin suppleness, reduces the effects of stress on the body & stimulates areas that accumulate cellulite to promote skin smoothing. It’s definitely something we should be adding i nto our self-care rituals.
We recommend dry-brushing in the morning, rather than before bed, because of its energizing qualities.
You can use the brush on its own, or you can put a little of the Conditioning Body Oil on the bristles before use. Shower/bath before skin-brushing if you’re using oil on the brush. If not, shower/bath after skin brushing, and then apply your Conditioning Body Oil. Body brushing optimises the absorption & benefits of the precious botanicals in the Conditioning Body Oil.
HOW TO USE YOUR BODY BRUSH:
- Make sure the room you are in is at a comfortable temperature
- Always keep the direction of your stroke towards your heart
- Use long sweeping strokes on your arms & legs
- Start at your feet and move up onto your torso & then neck
- When brushing your arms, begin at the hands and work upwards towards your shoulders
- Massage your stomach & buttocks in clockwise, circular motions
- Apply light pressure on most of the body, especially the neck & chest. Firmer pressure can be used over the elbows, knees & feet
- Brush for at least 3-5 minutes, once to twice a week
*Harsh exfoliation is never the point, be sure not to press too hard. Any kind of brushing or exfoliation should be gentle and should never break the skin.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR BRUSH:
- Wash the bristles with a gentle shampoo every 2 weeks, and allow to dry
- If using an oil while brushing, wash after each use
- Store your brush in a place where it can air dry
- Avoid this treatment if you suffer from sensitive skin, especially eczema or psoriasis.
- Don’t brush on broken/inflamed/sunburnt skin
- Avoid brushing when you are ill
- Should you experience any allergic reaction, discontinue use